Monday, December 17, 2007

(My mind) Can The Truth Be Spoken?





The word religion has many meanings; in particular it implies a concern with the sacred and surpreme values of life. The term spirituality, on the other hand, refers to direct experience of the sacred. Spiritual practices help us experience the sacred that which is most central and essential to our lives for ourselves. Spiritual practices are rehearsals of desire qualities, which eventually become spontaneous, natural ways of being.







Intelligent people know others.Enlightened people know themselves.
You can conquer others with power,But it takes true strength to conquer yourself.
Ambitious people force their will on others,But content people are already wealthy.
Prudent people will abide.People unconquered by the idea of death will live long.People who live according to their means last long.






All humans on Earth would fit in a cube 2.5 miles per side: no more than a tiny mountain on the surface of a tiny planet. It is humbling to keep all this in mind. Religions all contain this fundamental truth: that whatever talents, abilities, wealth or achievements man has, they amount to nothing in the real scheme of things.


For this I know and this I see beyond my eyes. To all things good where ever and when ever they are. My thoughts makes things and the things are my thoughts. When I think good, kindness reflects on me like a mirror image on water. If I think sad, bad will grow at my feet.
There is good in everthing and my thoughts and my sight can prevail these images.- Roland F. C.


What material success does is provide you with the ability to concentrate on other things that really matter. And that is being able to make a difference, not only in your own life, but in other people's lives. Oprah Winfrey



The secret of abundance is to stop focusing on what you do not have, and shift your conscience to an appreciation of all that you are and all you do have. -Dr Wayne W. Dyer


The Words From The Quran
Verily! In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the alternation of night and day, and the ships which sail through the sea with that which is of use to mankind, and the water (rain) which Allah sends down from the sky and makes the earth alive therewith after its death, and the moving (living) creatures of all kinds that He has scattered therein, and in the veering of winds and clouds which are held between the sky and the earth, are indeed Ayat (proofs, evidences, signs, etc.) for people of understanding.
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #164)


Words From The Buddha









My friend, what are you?
Are you a celestial being
or a god?"










"No,"










said the Buddha.










"Well, then, are you some kind of magician
or wizard?"










Again the Buddha answered,










"No."










"Are you a man?"










"No."










"Well, my friend, then what are you?"










The Buddha replied,










"I am awake."



I believe and I dont believe

I dont believe in a jealous God
I believe in only a God
I dont believe in a vengful or punishing God
I believe in an loving, understanding God.
I dont believe in a gender God
I believe that God is as simple and as complex as air, that it is everything and holds not one shape.
I dont believe that God sent Jesus the Christ
I believe that Jesus was a special man who was sent to God
I dont believe that God exist outside of us
I believe we exist inside of God
I dont believe that God controls everything in our lives
I believe we all have choice and control everything except for death
I dont believe that heaven is a geographical location
I believe that is within us and is released when our bodies expire and spirits are free
I dont believe in the Devil or Hell
I believe that the God would have no place or being like this and we can create havic in our lives and call it hell. Hell and demons in my mind is a myth that we can manifest if believe in them hard enough.
I believe that there is more to the God that we ever understand. Doctrines can never touch the truth. The truth can only be felt inside of us.



The Words From The Bible The work of righteousness shall be peace, and the labor of righteousness quietness and security forever; and My people shall dwell in a habitation of peace (Isa. 32:17, 18);







The Words From The Tao

When the world follows the Tao,Even fast horses are used to fertilize the fields.
When the world rejects the Tao,Farmland is used to breed warhorses.
No disaster is worse than being discontented.No omen (for your future) worse than being greedy.Yet, if you can find (true) contentment, it will last forever.

Words From Scientology


Happiness lies in engaging in worthwhile activities. But there is only one person who for certain can tell what will make one happy—oneself.”
L. Ron Hubbard

Words From Religious Science

God gives some more than others because some accept more than others. Ernest Holmes




Words From My Thoughts



A clear understanding of mans relation to God is a matter of momentous importance to students of philosophy and to all aspirants. Philosophers, prophets, saints, sages, thinkers, Acharyas and great religious leaders of the world have tried to explain the relation of man to God and the universe. Various schools of philosophy and different kinds of religious beliefs have come into existence, on account of various explanations given by different philosophers. -Roland F. Cummins

Lyrics From The Musical Spritual Heart

Are you eperienced? Have you ever been experienced? Well I have - Jimi Hendrix

... can't say that heaven is 10 zillion light years awayBut if so let all be pure at heartJust to walk her righteous streets I prayLet God's love shine within to save our evil soulsFor those who don't believe will never see the light"Where is my God" - He lives inside of meAnd I say it's taken Him so long'Cause we've got so far to come...No people, "where is your God?"Inside please let Him beAnd I say it's taken Him so long'Cause we've got so far to come... - Stevie Wonder

Sayin', "One love, one heartLet's get together and feel all right."I'm pleading to mankind (One love)Oh, Lord (One heart) Whoa - Bob Marley

People get ready For the train to jordan Picking up passengers From coast to coastFaith is the key Open the doors and board themTheres room for all Among the loved the most-Curtis Mayfield

Imagine no possessions I wonder if you canNo need for greed or hunger A brotherhood of manImagine all the peopleSharing all the world...John Lennon





Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,That saved a wretch like me.I once was lost but now am found,Was blind, but now I see.
T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.And Grace, my fears relieved.How precious did that Grace appearThe hour I first believed. - John Newton


Listen, if you're tired of walkin' around and getting nowhere, I know, there's a path that's leading towards the Master. Chorus: Love, devotion and surrender love, devotion and surrenderlove, devotion and surrender love, devotion and surrender. Oh, brother, listen to the rhythm of your heartbeat, It's keeping time with all the universal children - Carlos Santana

No other love has lifted me high, no other love has made me touch the sky, I'm touched by you and I feel high and I am flying, and I am flying - Roland Cummins













Ordinary usage has attached the meaning of death or annihilation to abhava, but only because to the materialistic mind that which cannot be cognized by the sense organs has no existence. Like other philosophical terms, it has a dual meaning: nonbeing or nonexistence, when taken objectively; mystically, the only true being, that of spirit which is nonbeing to those who do not accept spiritual realms and their life.




SCIENCE AND RELIGION




At the root, all religions agree, more or less, on the concept of an immortal soul, and a blissful state of awareness called "Heaven", "Nirvana", "Samadhi", etc., in which the mind makes contact with an immortal layer of its own true nature. Take away the dogma and you come down to the founders, all of whom had some kind of contact with what they considered a divine being, or a higher state, which they advised was only reachable by following a certain mode of life and code of conduct. But why? The answer is beautifully simple: because this is the mode of life natural to the ever-evolving brain. The brain responds either gradually over generations, or quickly in the case of individuals already biologically prepared in some way, and man becomes a co-operator with Nature's evolutionary processes, rather than a rebel, whose lifestyle invites resistance from Nature, and eventual degeneration.




TAKING IT DEEPER




Peace, Life and Beyond, Spiritual Inspiration, Spiritual Inspirations, Spiritual, Spirituality, Hindu, Hinduism, India, Peace on Earth, Peace on Earth, World Peace, Inner and Outer Peace, Oneness, Oneness Community, Oneness Commitment, Oneness Festival, Global Oneness Community, Global Oneness Comitment, Oneness Celebration, Oneness, Oneness Community, Oneness Commitment , Spiritual Growth, Personal Growth, Inner Growth, Inner Peace, Outer Peace, Inner and Outer Peace, Peace of Mind, Peace on Earth, World Peace, Peace in Mind







MAYBE IT IS, WHAT IT IS


Extracts from Kundalini: the Evolutionary Energy in Man (Shambhala Press 1967, Gopi Krishna)
What had happened to me? Was I the victim of a hallucination? Or had I by some strange vagary of fate succeeded in experiencing the transcendental? Had I really succeeded where millions of others had failed? Was there, after all, really some truth in the oft-repeated claim of the sages and ascetics of India, made for thousands of years and verified and repeated generation after generation, that it was possible to apprehend reality in this life if one followed certain rules of conduct and practised meditation in a certain way?
My thoughts were in a daze. I could hardly belive that I had a vision of divinity. There had been an expansion of my own self, my own consciousness, and the transformation had been brought about by the vital current that had sarted from below the spine and found access to my brain through the backbone. I recalled that I had read long ago in books on yoga of a certain vital mechanism called Kundalini, connected with the lower end of the spine, which becomes active by means of certain exercises, and when once roused carries the limited human consciousness to transcendental heights, endowing the individual with incredible psychic and mental powers.
..this night I felt strangely restless and disturbed. I could not reconcile the exaltation of the morning with the depression that sat heavily on me while I tossed from side to side on the bed. I had an unaccountable feeling of fear and uncertaintly. At last in the midst of misgivings I fell asleep. I slept fitfully, dreaming strange dreams, and woke up after short intervals in sharp contrast to my usual deep, uninterrupted sleep.
(after a second, similar, but, shorter experience the next morning during meditation:)
It seemed as if a scorching blast of hot air had passed through my body. The feeling of exhaustion and weariness was more pronounced than it had been yesterday. A heavy cloud of depression and gloom seemed to hang round me..I did not feel I was the same man I had been but a few days before, and a condition of horror, on account of the inexplicable change, began to settle on me, from which, try as I might, I could not make myself free by any effort of my will.
Little did I realize that from that day onwards I was never to be my normal old self again, that I had unwittingly and without preparation or even adequate knowledge of it roused to activity the most wonderful and stern power in man, that I had stepped unknowingly upon the key to the most guarded secret of the ancients, and that henceforth for a long time I had to live suspended by a thread, swinging between life on one hand and death on the other, between sanity and insanity, between light and darkness, between heaven and earth.
One morning, during the Christmas of 1937 I sat cross-legged in a small room in a little house on the outskirts of the town of Jammu, the winter capital of the Jammu and Kashmir State in northern India. ..Long practice had accustomed me to sit in the same posture for hours at a time without the least discomfort, and I sat breathing slowly and rhythmically, my attention drawn to the crown of the head, contemplating an imaginary lotus in full bloom, radiating light.
During one such spell of intense concentration I suddenly felt a strange sensation below the base of the spine, at the place touching the seat...the sensation was so extraordinary and so pleasing that my attention was forcibly drawn towards it.
..I had read glowing accounts, written by learned men, of great benefits resulting from concentration, and of the miraculous powers acquired by yogis through such exercises...with a great effort I kept my attention centered round the lotus. Suddenly, with a roar like that of a waterfall, I felt a stream of liquid light entering my brain through the spinal cord.
Entirely unprepared for such a development, I was completely taken by surprise; but regaining self-control instantaneously, I remained sitting in the same posture, keeping my mind on the point of concentration. The illumination grew brighter and brighter, the roaring louder, I experienced a rocking sensation and then felt myself slipping out of my body, entirely enveloped in a halo of light. It is impossible to describe the experience accurately. I felt the point of consciousness that was myself growing wider, surrounded by waves of light.
It grew wider and wider, spreading outwards while the body, normally the immediate object of its perception, appeared to have receded into the distance until I became entirely unconscious of it. I was now all consciousness, without any outline, without any idea of a corporeal appendage, without any feeling or sensation coming from the senses, immersed in a sea of light, simultaneously conscious and aware of every point, spread out, as it were, in all directions without any barrier or material obstruction.
I was no longer myself, or to be more accurate, no longer as I knew myself to be, a small point of awareness confined in a body, but instead was a vast circle of consciousness in which the body was but a point, bathed in light and in a state of exaltation and happiness impossible to describe.
Two childhood experiences
Another remarkable event of my childhood at the age of eight which I remember more vividly occurred one day as I walked along a road in Srinagar in early spring on my way to the house of our religious preceptor. The sky was overcast and the road muddy, which made walking difficult. All at once, with the speed of lightning, a sudden question, never thought of before, shot across my mind. I stood stockstill in the middle of the road confronted to the depths of my being with the insistent enquiry "What am I?", coupled with the pressing interrogation from every object without, "What does all this mean?"
My whole being as well as the world around appeared to have assumed the aspect of an everlasting inquiry, an insistent, unanswerable interrogation, which struck me dumb and helpless, groping for a reply with all my strength until my head swam and the surrounding objects began to whirl and dance round me. I felt giddy and confused, hardly able to restrain myself from falling on the slimy road in a faint. Steadying myself, I proceeded on my way, my childish mind in a ferment over the incident of which, at that age, I could not in the least understand the significance.
A few days later I had a remarkable dream in which I was givena glimpse of another existence, not as a child or as an adult but with a dream personality utterly unlike my usual one. I saw a heavenly spot, peopled by god-like, celestial beings, and myself bodiless, something quite different - diffused, ethereal - a stranger belonging to a different order and yet distinctly resembling and intimately close to me, my own self transfigured, in a gloriously bright and peaceful environment, the very opposite of the shabby, noisy surroundings in which I lived.
Because of its unique and extraordinarily vivid nature the dream was so indelibly imprinted upon my memory that I can recall it distinctly even today. The recollection of the scene in later years was invariably accompanied by a feeling of wonder at and a deep yearning for the exotic, inexpressable happiness enjoyed for a brief interval.
The dream was probably the answer to the overwhelming, unavoidable question that had arisen from my depths a few days before, the first irresistable call from the invisible other world which, as I came to know later, awaits our attention close at hand, always intimately near, yet, for those with their backs to it, farther away than the farthest star in the firmament.
..When I had grown intelligent enough to understand her, my mother revealed to me the purpose of her visit (to the abode of a reputed hermit). She said that years before he had appeared to her in a dream at a most anxious time. She had passed the preceding day in an extremely perturbed frame of mind caused by my inability to swallow anything caused by a swollen and badly inflamed throat. In the dream the holy personage, of whose miraculous deeds she had heard astounding accounts from innumerable eyewitnesses, opened my mouth gently with his hand and touched its interior down to the throat softly with his finger; then making a sign to her to feed me, vanished from sight.
Awakening with a start, my mother pressed me close to her and to her immesne relief felt me sucking and swallowing the milk without difficulty. Overjoyed at the sudden cure, which she attributed to the miraculous power of the saint, she then and there made a vow that she would go on a pilgrimmage to his place of residence to thank him personally for the favour. Owing to household worries and other engagements she could not make the pilgrimmage for some years and undertook it at a time when I was sufficiently grown up to retain a faint impression of the visit.
The most surprising part of the story is that, as my mother affirmed afterwards repeatedly, the hermit, at the very moment of our approach after entering the room, casually enquired whether I had been able to suck and swallow my milk after his visit to her in the dream. Wonder-struck, my mother had fallen prostrate at his feet, humbly invoking his blessings on me.
I cannot vouch for the miraculous part of the episode. All I can say is that my mother was veracious and critically observant in other things. I have related the episode merely as a faintly remembered incident of early childhood. Since then I have come across innumerable accounts of similar and even more incredible feats, narrated by trustworthy, highly intelligent eyewitnesses; but on closer investigation the bulk of material was found to be too weakly supported to stand the force of rigid scientific enquiry.
For a long time I lent no credence to such stories, and I can emphatically assert even today that a real Yogi in touch with the other world, capable of producing genuine psychical phenomena at will, is one of the rarest beings on earth.
Frame of mind in childhood, nature of upbringing
Although at that time I had not studied religion or tried any method of direct spiritual experience, or acquired systematic knowledge of any science or philosophy beyond that provided by a few elementary volumes, the questions and problems which agitated my mind at that young age never found a satisfactory solution in any book on science, philosophy or religion. More intent on demolition than construction, I read ravenously until in my second year I began to neglect my prescribed studies to the extent of giving preference to the library over the classroom. I was brought to an abrupt halt by my failure in the college examination towards the end of 1920. The shock demolished with one blow the seemingly invincible fortification of intellectual scepticism my immature judgement had created around myself.
..Deceived and disillusioned, I turned finally to the practice of Yoga, not as an expedient to save myself from the consequences of my own dereliction, but as a practicable method available to thirsty minds to verifiy individually the undemonstrable central truths of religion. When nothing tangible happened for nearly seventeen years, from the age of seventeen to thirty four, I began to despair, at times led to doubt the method adopted and at others to suspect the whole science.
The critical element of my nature never left me completely. I was not one to be satisfied with shadowy appearances and cloudy manifestations, with cryptic symbols and mystic signs. Flashes of light before the eyes followed by darkness, humming in the ears due to pressure on the tympanic membrane, peculiar sensations in the body caused by fatigued nerves, semi-hypnotic conditions resulting from protracted concentration, appearances and phantoms due to tricky imagination in a state of tense expectancy, and other similar phenomena had absolutely no effect on me.
I thirsted for rationality in religion, for the worship of truth, whatever and wherever that might be. There was no spectacle more painful for me than the sight of a conscientious and intelligent man defending an absurdity which even a child could see through, simply because it formed an article of his faith to which he must hold at any cost, even if that cost included the sacrifice of reason and truth. On the other side, the irrationality of those who attempted to squeeze the universe within the narrow compass of reason was no less deplorable. They were ignorant about the nature of their own consciousness..the rational faculty..is no less an enigma than the owner itself. As such, the attempt to explain the cosmos purely in terms of human experience, as interpreted by reason, is as irrational an endeavour to solve the riddle of the universe as it would be to judge the appearance of an object with the aid of a mirror which, for all we know, might be blurring, multiplying, or distorting the image in a manner that misrepresents the original.
I was brought up in a strictly religious atmosphere by my mother, whose faith rested unshakably on each of the innumerable gods and goddesses in her crowded pantheon. She used to go to the temple long before the first faint glimmer of dawn streaked to the horizon, returning at daybreak to attend to the needs of the household, in particular to keep our frugal morning meal ready for me.
In early childhood I followed implicitly the direction of her simple faith, sometimes to the extent of forgoing the sweet last hours of sleep towards dawn in order to go with her to the temple. With rapt attention I listened to the superhuman exploits of Krishna, which my maternal uncle read aloud every evening until almost midnight from his favourite translation of Bhagavad Purana, a famous book of Hindu mythology, containing the story of the incarnations of the god Vishnu in human form. According to popular belief, Krishna imparted the lofty teaching of Bhagavad Gita to the warrior, Arjuna, on the battlefield before the commencement of action in the epic war, Mahabharata. Wondering at the prodigious, supernatural feats of valour and strength recounted in the narrative with a wealth of detail, which carried my childish imagination into fantastic realms, I unquestioningly accepted every impossible and unbelievable incident with which the story abounds as truth, filled with a desire to grow into a superman of identical powers myself.
..By the time I had completed my first year at college, the impact of the [scientific] books, especially elementary treatises on astronomy and natural science to which I had access in the college library..had become powerful enough to start me on a path contrary to the one I had followed in childhood, and it did not take me long to emerge a full-fledged agnostic, full of doubts and questions about the extravagant notions and irrational belifes of my own religion, to which I had lent complete credence only a few years before.
Dislodged from the safe harbour which my mother's simple faith had provided for me, my still unanchored mind was tossed here and there, clinging to one idea for a time and then replacing it with another, found to be equally untenable after a period. I became restless and reckless too, too, unable to assuage the fire of uncertainty and doubt lit by my own desultory studies. Without reading any standard book on religion or any spiritual literature to counterbalance the effect of the admittedly materialistic tendency of the scientific works I had gone through, I took up cudgels on behalf of the latter, wielding my weapons with such dexterity that in college debates as well as private discussion few adherents of the former could defend their points of view.
On the parallels between the biological experience and ancient religious symbolism:
As the supreme mistress of the body, she and she alone is considered to be competent to bestow on earnest aspirants (who worship her with true devotion, centering their thoughts and actions in her, resigning themselves entirely to her will) the much coveted and hard to attain boon of transcendental knowledge and super-normal psychic powers. All these writings assign to Kundalini the supreme position of being the queen and architect of the living organism, having the power to mould it, transform it, or even to destroy it as she will. But how she manages to do it, consistent with biological laws governing the organic world, no-one has tried to state in explicit terms.
Certainly it could not be done instantaneously, like a magical feat, setting at naught the law of causality in this one particular respect. In my opinion it is more reasonable to assume that even in those cases in which apparently a sudden spiritual development takes place there must occur gradual changes in the cells and tissues of the body for a sufficiently long period, perhaps even from the embryonic stage or early childhood, without the individuals ever coming to know what was happening in their own interior.
As years passed and I perceived no other indication of spiritual unfolding, or the growth of a higher personality endowed with superior moral and intellectual attributes, characterizing the blessed in whom Kundalini kindles the sacred fire, I was more and more led towards the disheartening conclusion that I was not provided with the essential mental and physical equipment.
Physically I became almost my old self again, hardy and tough, able to withstand hunger, the rigours of heat and cold, bodily and mental fatigue, disturbance and discomfort. The only thing I could not stand well was sleeplessness. It always caused haziness of mind and depression, which lasted for several days and did not wear off until the deficiency was made good by a longer period of rest during the day or night following the sleepless one. I felt on such occasions as if my brain had been deprived of its usual dose of energy which enabled it to maintain the extensive dimension to which it had now grown gradually during the years.
Lack of sufficient knowledge of physiology made it difficult for the ancient adepts to correlate the psychic and pjysiological reactions caused by the activity of Kundalini. I laboured under the same disadvantage, but on account of the fact that a superficial knowledge of every branch of science is an easily acquired possession in these days of research and publicity, and that I had ample opportunity to study my condition day to day for many years, it became possible for me to observe critically the effects of the sudden development upon my system and draw tentative inferences from it.
I make a simple statement of fact when I say that for years I was like one bound hand and foot to a log racing madly on a torrent, saved miraculously time after time from dashing to death against the many boulders projecting out of the swirling water on every side by just a narrow margin and in the nick of time, turning and twisting this way and that, as if guided by a marvellously quick and dextrous hand, infallibly correct in its movement. Often at night for years, when lying awake in bed waiting for sleep to come, I felt the powerful new life energy sweep like a tempest in the abdominal and thoracic regions as well as the brain, with a roaring noise in the ears, a scintillating shower in the brain, and a feverish movement in the sexual region and its neighbourhood around the base of the spine, both in front and behind, as if an all-out effort were being made to fight an emergency caused by some poison or obstruction in the organism threatening the supersensitive and extremely delicate condition of the cerebro-spinal system.
At such times I felt instinctively that a life and death struggle was going on inside me in which I, the owner of the body, was entirely powerless to take part, forced to lie quietly and watch as a spectator the weird drama unfolded in my own flesh. Nothing can convey my condition more graphically than the representation of Shiva and Shakti, pictured by an ancient master, in which the former is shown lying helpless and supine while the latter in an absolutely reckless mood dances gleefully on his prostrate frame.
The self-conscious observer in me, the self-styled possessor of the carnal frame, now completely subjugated and pushed into the background, found himself utterly at the mercy, literally under the feet, of an awe-inspiring power indifferent to what he thought and felt, proceeding impassively to deal with the body as it chose without even conceding to him the right to know what he had done to merit the indignity. I had every reason to believe the representation was designed to depict a condition exactly similar to mine by an initiate who had himself passed through the same ordeal.
The utter helplessness of the devotee and his entire dependence on the mercy and grace of the cosmic vital energy, Shakti, when Kundalini is aroused, is the constant theme of hymns addressed to the goddess by the eminent yogis of yore.
On the relationship between Kundalini, evolution, personality, and the brain
When accidentally the centre begins to function prematurely, before the nerve connections and links have ben fully established and the delicate brain cells habituated to the flow of the powerful current, the result is likely to be disastrous. The delicate tissues of the body in that case are likely to be damaged irreparably, causing strange maladies, insanity, or death. In a grave emergency of this kind, the only way open to nature to avoid a catastrophe is to use liberally the ambrosia contained in the humans eed and to rush it in a sublimated form to the brain, the nervous network, and the main organs in order to provide the injured and dying cells with the most powerful restorative and food available in the body to save life.
The whole organism now begins to function in a most amazing manner which cannot but strike terror into the stoutest heart. Tossed between the old and yet incompletely built new conscious centre, the subject, unprepared for such a startling development, sees himself losing control of his throughts and actions. He find himself confronted by a rebellious mind and unruly senses and organs working in an inexplicable way, entirely foreign to him, as if the world, suddenly turned upside down, had dragged him to a topsy-turvy existence as weird and bizarre as the most fantastic dream. It is for this reason that the ancient teachers of Kundalini Yoga, taught by an experience extending for thousands of years, insisted on an exceptionally robust and hardy constitution, mastery over appetites and desires, voluntarily acquired control over vital functions and organs, and, above all, the possession of an inflexible will as the essentially needed qualifications in those offering themselves for the supreme undertaking of rousing the Shakti. An excellent condition of both body and mind, dificult to achieve in the unfavourable environment of modern civilisation, is absolutely neccessary in an enterprise of this nature to prevent the brain giving way completely under the unbearable strain.
It is not surprising, therefore, that anyone who set himself determinedly to the hazardous task of awakening Kundalini before her time was acclaimed a Vira, meaning a hero, and the practice itself designated as Vira Sadhana, or heroic undertaking, even by fearless ascetics themselves, indifferent to physical torture and death.
After the awakening, the devotee lives always at the mercy of Kundalini, wafted to a new state of existence and introduced to a new world as far removed from this one of rapid change and decay as reality is from a dream. The hypersensitive and critical condition of the nerves and the brain caused by the unceasing effort of the marvellous, invisible power to mould them to a higher and higher state of cognition, the possibility of injury and damage to the over-sensitive tissues, the process of repair and rejuvenation with the administration of nerve tonics and restoratives present in the system, and the tremendous strain on the excessively worked reproductive organs may continue undiminished for years.
I am irresitably led to the conclusion that this extraordinary activity of the nervous system and brain is present in varying degrees in all cases of supernormal and psychic development, in a lesser measure in all cases of genius, in a still diminished form in all men of exceptionally high intellectual calibre, and in a morbid manner, when too violent and sudden or operative through a wrong nerve, in many kinds of insanity, neurosis, and other obscure and difficult to cure nervous and mental afflictions.
For a long time I laboured under the belief that the glow in the forehead and the powerful nervous currents darting through my body were occasioned by the sublimated seed, but as time wore on I was forced to alter my opinion. The activity in the reproductive region was not the only new development that had occurred. A corresponding change in the brain and other nerve centres had also taken place which regulated the consumption and output of the new mechanism. After the crisis the luminous currents did not move chaotically but with a definite aim and purpose which was clearly evident from the fact that the whole organism overcame the initial resistance of recalcitrant and inferior parts and began gradually to adjust itself to the new development.
On the strength of these and other facts I gradually came to the conclusion, which it shall rest with future investigators to confirm or disprove, that by virtue of the evolutionary processes still going on in the human body, a high-powered conscious centre is being evolved by nature in the human brain at a place near the crown of the head built of exceptionally sensitive brain tissue.
The location of the centre allows it to command all parts of the brain and the entire nervous system with a direct connection with the reproductive organs through the spinal canal. In the common man the budding centre draws its nourishment from the concentrated nerve food present in the seed in such extremely limited measure so as not to interfere with the normal reproductive function of the parts. When completely built, the centre in evolved individuals is designed to function in place of the existing conscious centre, using for its activity a more powerful vital fuel extraced by the nerve fibres from the body tissues in extremely minute quantities collected and rushed through the spinal tube into the brain.
The relationship between Kundalini and the body, and the implications for science and religion
This is the main reason why the present-day human organism, instead of expediting the process, offers a strong resistance to its investiture with a more potent form of vitality, an essential preliminary to the installation of a higher personality. By no means known to science can this cleaning and remodelling of the body be done to make it fit for the transfer of power.
All systems of Yoga aim at achieving this by overcoming these deficiencies. Kundalini is the mechanism as well as the motive force by which this biological trimming and remodelling is accomplished in the most effective manner, provided the system is not too much deteriorated either by its own defective mode of life or because of a retrogressive heredity.
..I was destined to witness my own transformation, not comparable in any way to the great transfigurations in the past, nor similar in point of results to the marvellous achievements of genius; but though simple in nature and ordinary in effect, a transformation nevertheless, attended all along by great physical and mental suffering. But what I witnessed and still witness within myself is so contrary to many accepted notions of science, at variance with many time-honoured dogmas of faith, and so antagonistic to many of the universally followed dictums of civilisation that when what I have experienced is proved empirically there must occur a far-reaching, revolutionary change in every sphere of human activity and conduct.
What I realised beyond the least shadow of doubt is the fact, corroborated in part by ancient seers of many lands and more concretely by those in India, that in the human body there exists an extremely subtle and intricate mechanism located in the sexual region which while active in the normal man in the naturally restricted form tends to develop the body generation after generation, subject of course to the vicissitudes of life, for the expression of a higher personality at the end; but when roused to rapid activity, it reacts strongly on the parent organism, effecting in course of time subject again to numerous factors, a marvellous transformation of the nervous system and the brain, resulting in the manifestation of a superior type of consciousness, which will be the common inheritance of man in the distant future.
This mechanism, known as Kundalini, is the real cause of all genuine spiritual and psychic phenomena, the biolgical basis of evolution and development of personality, the secret origin of all esoteric and occult doctrines, the master key to the unsolved mystery of creation, the inexhaustible source of philosophy, art and science, and the fountainhead of all religious faiths, past, present and future.
The only change is that with the lapse of time the individual becomes more and more accustomed to the play of the newly developed force in him and is able to regulate his habits and appetites according to the revised requirements of his system on the strength of the experience gained.
The time of sleep, when the body is at rest and the mind comparitively quiescent, provides the best occasion for the remodelling process to gather momentum by using the surplus energy, dissipated during the day in voluntary physical and mental activity, for reconstructive purposes. This results in a greater flow of the radiant vital energy into the brain with a corresponding amplification of the dream personality and othe contents of the dream. The entire matter of the brain is invigorated with a copious flow of the subtle essence, abundantly supplied by the organs of reproduction, which makes it possible for the delicate tissues to maintain their activity at the pitch to which they are raised by the powerful vital current streaming into the cephalic cavity, in conformity with the needs of the newly opened centre of higher consciousness.
The self-regulating mechanism of the body, trying desperately to adjust itself to the sudden development, lets no opportunity escape to bring about the neccessary changes in the organism on every favourable occasion, in spite of the resistance offered, particularly when awake, by the ego consciousness which, acting during the day and dreaming during the night, tossed up and down like a cork floating on the surface of a billowy sea, remains entirely in the dark about the wonders enacted in it mortal mould.
Biologically, a healthy human organism with an intelligent brain should provide at its present stage of evolution a fit abode for the manifestation of a higher form of consciousness than that which is the normal endowment of mankind in the present age. Its brain, nervous system, and the vital organs should have attained the state of perfection, according to the evolutionary standard, where a higher personality can step in without much commotion to take over control of the body. But ages of incorrect living in obedience to the dictates of civilisation have played havoc with his most intricate machine, marring the growth of the organs and the efficiency of the nerves and loading the system with nervous poisons too subtle to be eliminated by the administration of drugs or other therapeutic agents.




No comments: