Monday, February 19, 2007

MY ZEN, MY GARDEN, MY POND AND ME




Like silk curtains the sun's rays draped my window. My dog Cayenne lies curled up in a fury bundle in the middle of the quiet room. I can tell by his deep breathing his energy has been harnessed as the house cat uses this opportunity to stalk like a lion sliently from room to room for the kingdom is her's as the beast, her foe sleeps. In lotus harmony I sat. For the truth is one in the cosmos and the truth can't be spoken. I stared at my guitar for a breif minute as if the E flat minor beckoned me but it's wood body and it's steel strings dress didnt twitch. It to slumbered and really didn't want to be played with.
There was something else moving through the rooms and around the shadows of the furniture. Its pace made no noise, but yet it called me in a whisper. "Caged spirit" it called. The thermostat stayed warm which means its existance was positive so I listened. It called again even quieter "Caged spirit" as it passed through the inside walls into the outside light . I walked toward the outdoors where it rushed to because it was insistent. I found myself walking and meditating beyond the garage door into my past time paradise.
The winds of March pushed itself around objects that it wasnt strong enough move. But the bamboo wind chimes did not sound, the leaf buds on the trees stopped their process, the birds in the feeders and on the trellis paused their spring summoning songs, the bulbs that slumbered in the winter cool garden bed held back from pushing their new lives towards the sun, the tattered blade carpet stopped its green process for a moment to observe me standing on the outbounds of the backyard tranquility to see what I would do. I acknowledged their busy existance and smiled proud. Nature resumed, I took a deep, healthy breath in and let out ions into this joyous atmosphere. My eyes search the sky poetically and wondered if the streaks of white against the pastel blue would swell and even perhaps create thunder.
I took my shoes off and stepped from the cement patio on to the cool moist earth. I walked over and sat down by the pond that looked like a large bowl with ecosystem water in it. It moved with surface air and below its atomizing reflection, colors flashed and flashed . I closed my eyes and called to the moving colors like native american spirits. "I call Kohaku, I call Sanke, Gin Shiro Utsuri, I call Bekko in the name of your Japanese ancestors I call you to the surface of the ripple and feed for the spring call. " Today I will meditate and praise all that exist and be thankful down to the molecules. The creator is present as am I, we are one, we are one, under the solar sun.

No comments: