Thursday, February 22, 2007

SWEET SKIN, SMOOTH SKIN







The drum captivated me within like a mesmerized savage I begin to move my hands over and over again. My mind channels, and I tap in into the drum and the playing hands of nations, Tomba, Quinto, Conga, Djun, Daiko, Dejembes, Bongos, Native American drums play, play, lets play in unison and stay with me through this journey. I stand naked in the sun by brown body glistening with natural oil for the playing has just begun. My communication are my brown hands in blurring motion. I play with rhythm, I play with finesse, I play to the spirits of the trees and the eagles hovering above because they know what is best. Hear my power from my skins, I stand here naked to winds the drumming nations know no sin. Hear my call for the Bula and Segond to join me and bring the Loa with you too. With a combination of drumming and dancing spirits they'll know what to do. I hear the drums their echos ride the horizons, the creator is here also to dance among us. We chant are voices are ubiquity, our naked hands slap the sweet skins, the smooth skins, the naked skins, harnessed by a shell. As drummers we are under one spell.
Drum and release yourself! There is no orthodox beatings here just the seedlings and the spirits trying to free themselves from your blood, flesh, and body. Free yourself and join others we can vibrate the moon, sweet skins, smooth skins, naked skins slap them and let your music begin.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.