Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Things I Appreciate. Stop, Look, Listen



I want you to stop, look , and listen around you and enjoy. Use either your outer vision or your inner vision and explore. Listen to the wind, listen to the rain, listen to sound of a child's voice, or listen to the things you say drive you playfully insane. Look at a hummingbird, how challenging its life is, but how simple it makes it look. Stop look and listen to the moving water in a creek. Stop and observe the gentleness of water as it trickles with speed, look at the power as it pushes small things out of it way. Listen as it changes its's sound and gurgles as it swirls and fills it way into small spaces and creates tiny pools. Use your inner ear and appreciate the sound of the your heart beat. Stop, look and listen to the things around you.
I'm going to list a few of the things I appreciate daily. Far all those who read this blog, send me a list things you appreciate. Regardless of how simple those things are.



My Appreciation List
  • I appreciate my life each and everyday
  • I appreciate my best friend and all the things she does
  • I appreciate my son and his bright growing spirit
  • I appreciate my friends because their all different
  • I appreciate my ears because they allow me to hear and love the joy of music.
  • I appreciate my eyes it allows me to see all there is to see
  • I appreciate my mind it allows me to be me.
  • I appreciate a good song or a peice of music.
  • I appreciate my guitar when a song that have written come together.
  • I appreciate the energy of the creator that is in everything.

THE THINGS I LIKED TODAY

  • 02/23/07 Pandora.com
  • 02/23/07 A cup of Starbucks coffee with 2.5 raw sugars and a splash of cream
  • 02/23/07 dinner with my family
  • 02/25/07 A easy sunday morning sleeping in to 9:00 am
  • 02/25/07 Bathing my dog
  • 02/25/07 Two hundred crunches, 50 push-ups 1/2 hour of yoga, 20 mins of meditation, my Wii Fit
  • 02/25/07 Watching a Hawk land in my european birch tree
  • 02/25/07 Watching the oscars while nibbling on trail mix
  • 11/30/07 Talking to my friends in person or via email
  • 11/30/07 Having a nice job
  • 11/30/07 Listening to Classical music on Pandora.com
  • 12/03/07 The love of my wife Siri because she is forgiving and understanding
  • 12/15/07 Listening to N.P.R.
  • 12/15/07 Seeing my Koi swiming around because the sun warmed the water a little.
  • 12/15/07 Watching Siri and my son making Christmas cookies
  • 03/07/08 My Birthday
  • 03/12/08 My Zune network
  • 03/14/08 A phone call from a friend or a family member.
  • 08/21/08 A good laugh

1 comment:

Siri said...

I just love looking at what you appreciate and I am so glad to be counted as one of those on the list.

I appreciate my husbands unconditional love and support and the way he cares for his family.